It’s Grandparents Day! I’m not sure that I fully understand what that means as far as execution is concerned, but I do know that GRANDPARENTS ROCK! So take them out for some fun grandparently activities.
1) Do you like Taramosalata, Octapodaki, and ...Tina Fey? You might be just Greek enough for the LA Greekfest. It’s Friday, September 5th, through Sunday, September 7th, and tickets are under $5, with completely free admission on Friday. It’s a little bit of a drive to Central LA at 1324 S. Normandie Ave, but worth it for the copious parking and the chance to party like Nia Vardalos at her wedding reception.
2) What woman hasn’t dreamed of having seven handy men waiting on her hand and foot? What about trading in for..one bat? Ok, maybe the reality of that is marginally uncomfortable to imagine, but there is a lot of fun to be had in a theatrical version of that story, especially when it’s free. This Saturday, September 6th, you can see free Fairy Tales in the Park at Foxfield Park in Westlake Village at 11:30 am. This is super fun theatre for your little ones, and this week’s show is “Snow White and the One Bat”. You are free to bring your own seven men if you like. And remember, sharing is caring.
3) We ALL want to “let it go” on Frozen, well, everyone except for your kids. They will stay in the frozen zone until they leave home and fall in love with a cuddly and short dude with a big orange nose. So why not just give in to it and take your little cuties to the Frozen Sing-a-long at the El Capitan? This is your last weekend to cart your kids to Hollywood (try the subway, another great and low cost bit of entertainment) in their shiny blue dress and matted blond wig. Just do it. There will be another movie to obsess about...someday...
4) We all know that wearing something from Lululemon when dropping off your kids at school is pretty much a standard uniform, but why not get some actual exercise in those stretchy pants? Lululemon at the Calabasas Commons is offering an in store yoga class from 9:30-10:30 for free on Sunday, September 7th. So go, and use those attractive yet supportive pants!
5) If you have children with disabilities, there’s a fantastic chance for you to join up with other families at Brandon’s Village playground at Gates Canyon Park in Calabasas. This is a fully-accessible playground and the group Brandon’s Buddies will be meeting up on Saturday, September 6th, from 11-1 for Integrated Play, Arts and Crafts, and Entertainment. You can visit www.kenproject.com for info and a calendar of events. It’s free fun at the park that children and families of all abilities to enjoy-that’s MY kind of “Buddies”!
Share your ideas for fun family activities by following me on Twitter @nickerberger, catching the SCV Buzz on KHTS AM 1220, or watching CTV’s The Buzz.
Leave a Reply.
Laura Nickerson, Queen of cheap and local family activities, Momblogger of 2, Host of CTV's The Buzz and KHTS AM 1220's SCV Buzz, visit #buzzLA for daily tips.